Wholesale Edam Cheese | B2B Suppliers & Sourcing Marketplace - Torg
Are you looking for an exceptional quality of Edam cheese for your business? Look no further than Torg's b2b food products marketplace! We have a large selection of Edam cheese from all over Europe, ensuring that you will find the perfect product to suit your needs. All of our suppliers are verified and trusted, so you know you're getting the best quality at the best prices. Whether you need it for private labeling or bulk orders, we've got what you're looking for!SIGN UP FOR FREE
On Torg there are more than 8 Edam Cheese Suppliers
Sign up now to create a request and source the best product at the best price!
Related products and categories
- Gouda Cheese: Gouda cheese is similar to Edam, and also a semi-hard cow's milk cheese. It has a slightly sweet flavor with nutty undertones, making it a popular choice for sandwiches, salads and snacks.
- Dutch Cheese: Dutch cheese is another popular type of semi-hard cow's milk cheese native to the Netherlands. It is milder than Edam cheese but still retains its characteristic creamy texture and nutty flavor. It is often served as part of traditional Dutch dishes like stamppot or oorlog.
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar cheese is a hard cow's milk cheese that originated in England and Wales. While different from Edam in taste, texture, and origin, cheddar still shares some similarity in terms of its firmness and sharpness. It can be grated over dishes or melted into sauces to bring out its rich flavor.
- Gruyere Cheese: Gruyere cheese is another type of hard cow's milk cheese that originated in Switzerland. Its nutty taste makes it great for melting into sauces or gratinating onto dishes such as potatoes au gratin or fondue. Like Edam, Gruyere has a slightly sweet finish that adds complexity to many recipes.
- Emmental Cheese: Emmental cheese is another type of hard cow's milk cheese originating from Switzerland. Its mild nutty flavor combined with its sweetness make it perfect for adding depth to sandwiches or melting on top of dishes such as macaroni and cheese.
3 Ways to Use Edam Cheese
- Toppings: Edam cheese is a semi-hard cheese originally from the Netherlands, and it has a salty taste which makes it perfect for use in sandwiches. On top of that, its texture also makes it great for melting on pizzas and pastas. Moreover, due to its mild flavour, it can be used as a topping on burgers and hotdogs too.
- Salad Accompaniments: Edam cheese is great for grating over salads or soups because of its creamy texture and salty taste. It can also be used to make fondue with some white wine and garlic cloves, making it an ideal accompaniment dish when entertaining guests. Furthermore, Edam cheese goes well with other ingredients such as apples or pears in salads too.
- Sweet Dishes: Not just limited to savoury dishes, Edam cheese can also be used in sweet recipes! For instance, try adding some chunks into muffins or pancakes batter before baking - this will add a delicious salty twist to the dessert! Additionally, you can prepare cheesecake topped with grated Edam cheese which gives an amazing contrast between sweet and salty flavours!
Exploring Edam Cheese Across the Globe
- Spain: Spain has been an important part of Edam Cheese production and consumption for centuries. It's one of the oldest cheese producing countries in Europe, with a strong tradition of cheese making that dates back to Roman times. Spain is renowned for its variety of high quality cheeses, most notably its Manchego and Idiazabal varieties. Torg can help buyers find reliable suppliers from this region to source their own cheese products, as well as offer private label solutions for all types of product sourcing needs.
- Netherlands: The Netherlands is another historical producer and consumer of Edam cheese. Dutch farmers have been producing it since the Middle Ages, and it remains an integral part of Dutch culture today. The Netherlands is known for its excellent quality Edam cheese, which comes in a range of flavours depending on age – from mild to tangy. Torg makes it easy to find reliable suppliers from this region to source top-notch products, as well as provide private label services for any kind of sourcing needs.
- France: France is a major player in the Edam cheese industry worldwide and produces some unique varieties such as Chaource or Boulette d'Avesnes. French cheesemakers are renowned for their attention to detail when crafting their products, which makes them very sought after by foreign buyers looking to purchase authentic French cheeses. Torg helps facilitate these searches by connecting buyers with reliable suppliers from across France – allowing them access to top quality foods with unparalleled service delivery standards and private labeling options if needed.
- Italy: Italy is home to some world class producers that specialize in creating traditional Italian cheeses like Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano – two fan favorites within the Edam family! Apart from those classics, Italy also offers numerous other delicious varieties that are sure to please any connoisseur’s palate – all made with time honored recipes and artisanal methods passed down through generations. Torg helps simplify your search by connecting you directly with reliable suppliers who can provide top tier products along with a great customer experience and even private label services if needed.