Find Fair Trade Suppliers with Torg - Worldwide B2B Marketplace
For buyers looking to invest in fair trade products, Torg is the right place to start. Our b2b marketplace brings together global suppliers from all over the world, offering an immense selection of food categories such as Olive Oil, Paella, Risotto, Rice and more. With our easy-to-use web application you can submit product requests, ask for quotes from specific suppliers and generally browse through our massive selection that is perfect for all sorts of deals.SIGN UP FOR FREE
On Torg there are more than 72 Fair Trade Suppliers
Sign up now to create a request and source the best product at the best price!
- Bulk Packaging: An often overlooked option, bulk packaging is a great way for b2b buyers to source products in large quantities. Bulk packaging is generally used for items such as grains and spices, but can be used for other products too. The benefit of bulk packaging is the reduced cost per unit, which makes it an attractive choice for budget-minded buyers.
- Foil Pouches: Foil pouches are a popular choice due to their ability to maintain product freshness and protect them from external factors such as temperature and moisture. This type of packaging works well with all types of food products, including granola mixes, dried fruits, nuts, spices, and more. It's also recyclable and eco-friendly making it ideal for those looking to source sustainable options.
- Flexible Pouches: Flexible pouches offer a low-cost alternative to many other types of packaging while still providing adequate protection for food products. This type of packaging works well with dry goods like rice and pasta as well as snacks and confectionary items. It's lightweight, easy to transport, resealable and generally quite affordable making it an ideal choice for b2b buyers sourcing Fair Trade food products.
- Cardboard Boxes: Cardboard boxes are a classic form of packaging that offers excellent product protection while keeping transportation costs down due to their lightweight nature. They also come in multiple sizes making them suitable for different sized orders or different types of food products such as fruits or processed foods that don't require much cushioning or fragile handling instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a business model that prioritizes the welfare and livelihood of workers, suppliers, and producers. It involves paying fair wages, providing reasonable working conditions and supporting sustainable production processes. Torg can help buyers find suppliers who offer Fair Trade products from any part of the world - be it Europe, Mediterranean or any other region. With Torg's advanced search engine buyers will be able to find b2b suppliers for their private label, wholesale or sourcing needs faster than ever before.
How does Fair Trade help reduce poverty?
Fair Trade helps reduce poverty by offering better trade conditions to disadvantaged producers in developing countries. These producers benefit from long-term relationships with buyers who guarantee fair prices for their goods. This stability enables them to invest in their farms and communities and lead more secure lives.
How do you verify the quality of Fair Trade Products?
To ensure that the products offered are indeed produced in an ethical manner, third party certification bodies audit participating companies on regular basis to certify that they meet established standards. A certification will confirm that a company meets certain requirements regarding safety, labor rights, environmental protection and other criteria set forth by international standards organizations such as International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM) or The World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
Why should I buy my food products through Torg?
By shopping at Torg customers are assured that they are buying not only high quality but also ethically sourced food products from regions like Spain, Italy or Mediterranean basin. We work closely with our suppliers to make sure all our products have been responsibly sourced and meet rigorous international standards for labor practices, environmental stewardship and community involvement so customers can rest assure they are making an ethical purchase when using usetorg.com platform.
What is Torg’s commitment towards sustainability?
At Torg we believe in creating a sustainable future where everyone has access to healthy foods produced with respect for both people and planet while paying fair prices for their hard work. We strive to create meaningful partnerships between our buyers and suppliers while ensuring transparency throughout the supply chain so everyone benefits from these exchanges fairly.
Recent Supply Chain Issues
- Lack Of Transparency: One of the most recent supply chain issues is the lack of transparency in the industry. Consumers are often unaware if a product they purchased was made via ethical processes, or if it has been produced with environmental and labor standards in mind. Companies have been urged to increase their transparency and provide more information about their supply chains in order to build consumer trust.
- Private Labelling Practices: Many companies use private labeling services to source products from overseas companies without disclosing their true origin. This can lead to exploitation of workers and unfair wages being paid, as well as poor working conditions and health risks for workers involved in producing these products.
- Exploitation Of Local Communities: In some areas around the world, large corporations are exploiting local communities by taking advantage of weaker labor laws or land rights. Unscrupulous practices include paying workers below minimum wage, using child labor, and failing to provide safe working conditions for employees involved in production processes.